The TRU Staffing Partners Hot Jobs newsletter provides readers with a weekly tip for our professionals and hiring managers in the data privacy, ediscovery, and cybersecurity spaces. With more than 12 years of experience in staffing and recruiting for our industries, our TRU Tips are relevant and crucial for anyone hiring or job hunting in our communities.
November 1st, 2023
Recent TRU data indicate that relying on job postings online provides less than an 8% likelihood of netting a candidate to hire.
Top 3 most shocking statistics that will be unveiled on the webinar on Nov. 8:
- 92% of jobs filled by TRU are the results of recruitment and relationship development and not an inbound resume submission for that job.
- Less than 15% of Consero’s CPO Forum Fall 2023 attendees currently had approval to hire full-time and/or contract privacy employees over the next 6 months.
- TRU’s average speed of hire for a non-executive privacy professional is 35-45 days. Compare that with companies staffing on their own, at an average of 120-180 days over the last 6 months.
November 8th, 2023
Artificial intelligence has the potential to be bigger than data privacy. Privacy professionals are likely to be the ‘center’ for AI but will incorporate risk, auditing, legal, and other business functions.
Top 3 Things to Know about AI for Privacy Professionals:
AI is redefining and will continue to redefine data privacy.
AI is a business-driven function, and will likely push the boundaries of compliance.
Documentation of AI processes and functions internally is key to mitigate risk.
November 15th, 2023
Shifting WFH policies for current employees may be the way companies and firms aim to directly encourage attrition in q4, but fewer organizations are offering fully remote work for new hires compared to 21/22.
Top 3 TRU trends for contracting jobs:
55% of jobs filled will be contract.
20% of contractor jobs are part-time/fractional opportunities.
27% of TRU contractors have been asked and accepted conversion to FTE in the last 90 days.
November 22nd, 2023
The five-day office week is dead, and the return-to-office maximalists have lost, according to Nicholas Bloom of Stanford University, in The New York Times. After a spike at the beginning of the pandemic, Americans still spend about a third of their workdays at home.
Top 3 TRU tips for job seekers on remote vs. in-office work:
- Three in-office days a week or fewer is the new normal.
- Willingness to go into office exposes you to more opportunity.
- When interviewing for a role, ask how the work from home/hybrid policy is enforced.
November 29th, 2023
Privacy engineering contracting is a viable path for both hiring managers and job seekers. Listen to the Shifting Privacy Left podcast here, to learn more about the privacy engineering job market.
Top 3 TRU tips for privacy engineering:
- Privacy engineering talent is available and affordable for contract assignments in both fractional or perpetual modalities.
- Companies should take advantage of this available talent in early 2024, before the technology sector rebounds with full-time opportunities at end of next year.
- Lifestyle privacy engineering contractors often earn the same or more with 8 months of contracting, as they would in a full-time job working 12 months.